Saturday, November 17, 2007

What happened to the last 9 months?

Incredible how a life can be so busy that it blurs. I recall this from my first days of motherhood, and now, as I am juggling a career with a family.

As a typical over-achiever, I ended up spending most of my waking life working. The needs to continue the library service were just as important as the need to improve what was there. I dusted off the list of projects from people in a similar position, added a few of my own, and prioritized. First, the need for staff. Then tackle training, so I could focus on other areas. So far, so good.

Trouble is, these are successful but dependent upon the academic world. The ebbs and flows of terms, volunteers, accessible help, the amount of review work versus the need to keep the service going...it's a jungle out there!

Well, this is my post after many months of continued high demanding work. Honestly, I love it. I've been able to taper down my commute to two days a week and this is a big help. It's also a sign of the times, eh? Appropriate for this digital, online library. More on what that is, next time.

No comments: